City of Krum Municipal Court

The Municipal Court meets on the 1st Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall for the general docket. Fines may be paid at City Hall from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday thru Thursday (closed for lunch between 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm) and 7:30 am to 11:00 am Friday.

Court Members

JudgeRobin Ramsay
Municipal ClerkMagda Luna

Contact Information

Contact City Hall for more information.

It is UNLAWFUL to contact the judge or the prosecutor
regarding citations outside of the court room

Frequently Asked Questions about Citations

How do I make a payment?
What is the fine for a particular offense?
How do I make a Plea?
How can I keep this offense off my driving record?
Can I get a charge dismissed?
What do I do if a warrant has been issued?
What is the difference between a Judgment and a Verdict?
Can a Judgment or verdict be appealed?
If I have a trial date set, can I request a continuance?
If I am a Juvenile under the age of 17, do I have to bring a parent or legal guardian to court?
Questions about Jury Duty

Payment Information

Payment plans are available in some instances. The State requires the Court charge an additional $25.00 if the payment plan exceeds the 30 day limit. This is a one time fee per violation.

A minimum payment of $50.00 can be made to the Municipal Court once the plea has been entered with the Judge; however, you must still stay within the guidelines established by all Payment Plan Agreements. If you do not plead on all charges shown on the citation by the appearance date, you may expect an arrest warrant to be issued and warrant fees will be added to the amount due.

Pay online at

Judgments vs. Verdicts

If a judge tries the case, the judge's decision is called a judgment. If a jury tries the case, the jury's decision is called a verdict. In determining a defendant's guilt or innocence, the judge or jury can consider only the testimony of witnesses and any evidence properly admitted during the trial. If you are found guilty by either judge or jury, the penalty will be announced at that time you should be prepared to pay the fine and court costs at this time.

Requesting a continuance after a court date has been set.

If you need a continuance for your court date, you must make the request or "Motion" in writing, state your reasons for the continuance, and submit your motion to the court prior to your court date. The court allows one continuance only and that must be made in person to the court. The judge will make a decision whether or not to grant the motion. You may request a continuance for the following reasons:

  • A religious holy day where the tenets of your religious organization prohibit members from participating in secular activities such as court proceedings (you must file an affidavit with the court stating this information);
  • A witness is unable to testify in your case, after you have exercised due diligence to secure the witness' presence at trial;
  • You feel it is necessary in order to receive a fair trial;
  • Good Cause;
  • Any other reason provided by law.

Juvenile (under the age of (17) and parent and/or legal guardian) requirements?

The Municipal Court has jurisdiction over juveniles (16 year old or younger) charged with most Class C misdemeanor offenses. All juveniles are required to appear in open court for all proceedings in their cases and the parent of the juvenile defendant is required to be present in court with his or her child. Failure of a parent or legal guardian to appear with a juvenile constitutes a separate misdemeanor offense by the parent, and juveniles who fail to appear in court may have an additional charge of failure to appear filed against them. Juveniles who fail to appear or who fail to pay their fine(s) will be reported to the Department of Public Safety, who will suspend their drivers' license. If they do not have a driver's license, they will not be able to obtain one until they appear in court. DO NOT MAIL PLEA OR PAYMENT TO THE COURT.

Schedule of Fines
Plea(s) information
Dismissal options
Defensive Driving Course or Deferred Disposition