Residential Permits - Single-Family & Two-Family

Residential building permits are required for new construction, as well as work that changes or repairs the structure (walls, floors, ceilings, etc.) or electrical, mechanical or plumbing systems of a single-family or two-family (duplex) detached home.

Roofing/re-roofing or window replacement construction work does not require a permit; however, roofing/re-roofing and window replacement contractors must register with the City of Krum.

Permits are not required for “cosmetic” construction work such as painting, changing flooring or wall covering, replacing cabinets and countertops, or swapping plumbing or electrical fixtures.  (Water heater replacement requires a plumbing permit.)